FIRST TIME MANAGER FOUNDATIONS
Most new managers don’t realize how much their new role differs from that of an individual contributor. Often, they have misconceptions about what managing entails, and they may be surprised to learn that the skills and methods required for success as an individual contributor and those needed for success as a manager are very different.
The program is a 6 month long journey that aims to equip first-time managers with practical tools and techniques in management. It assess individual needs and ensures development of need specific knowledge. Various assessments at different intervals would give the individuals insight into their weaknesses and helps them harness their strengths. The program addresses the emotive and cognitive aspects of transition to a magerial role and is created keeping in mind the three stakeholders; learner, managers and L&D.
- The program is consistent, scalable and efficient
- Builds a peer leadership network and thus has an impact on overall organisational culture
- Enables ROI calculations by monitoring definite shifts in behaviour
- Increases employee engagement, productivity and collaboration between teams
- Creates a positive employer brand
- Accelerates talent growth and decreases attrition.
- Adaptive to each individual’s needs
- Provides balance between self paced and instructor led approach
- Blended approach that ensures learner engagement
- Opportunity to interact with subject matter experts
- Helps to make a smooth tansition into the new role with less difficulty
- Experience mindset shift towards being a people’s manager through increased self awareness
the workshop at a glance
1. Building the basics
• Moving from an individual contributor to a people’s manager- a mindset shift.
• Leading a high performance team- performance management, accountability and conflict management.
• Managing self – time management, effective meetings, stress management, finding your sweet spot; energy and resilience.
• Feedback to the individuals.
• Progress reports to L&D.
• Mid term assessment- this is to capture the specific learning needs of individuals.
3. Individual customized Journey for the participants
• Course 1 : Coaching and developing your team.
• Course 2 : Impactful communication.
• Course 3 : Stakeholder management.
• Course 4 : Negotiation skills.
4. Putting new skills to practice
• Understanding which managing style works best for you.
• Action Planning.
5. Preparing participants for the next role
Reading material for reflection on
• Leadership Agility.
• Developing a change mindset.
• Systems thinking.
• Create your development plan.
Participants will be put through a pre-course assessment (to gauge their awareness), a mid-term assessment to understand their advancement; as well as a post-course completion assessment to understand their progress from where they were before the course commenced.